Anyone that lives near Charlotte, NC?

tennisace

Anyone that lives near Charlotte, NC? What LFS do you go to?
I have lived in Charlotte for a long time and I go to Fintastic, Hightide, and Pet Land, or whatever it is called in the Arboretum if any of you know where that is. Are there any in the area that I have overlooked?

tangmaster

This is Tangmaster from charlotte, nc. I live just down the street from FINTASTICS.
this place is OVERPRICED for poor quality. I have purchased fish from HI-TIDE also, Some good guys who are ecology minded as well. There is another store...WET PETS in Gastonia, nc. I purchased my 180 from them. Great guys with EXCELLENT specimens.
They are on Cox rd. off 85. Another place is in Hickory, nc. about an hr from us here in charlotte is called CHINA SEA AQUARIUM. great prices and a huge selection of EVERYTHING! Pet Land in the arboretum is NOT a well stocked or knowledgable outlet.
Wilkinson blvd's TROPIC PETS is also a place to AVOID. OVERPRICED and poor advice.
S. blvd's FRANK & Pegs is another place to avoid for fish. You can get some products but the specimens are in extremely poor and inadequate environments. SHOP SHOP SHOP around, hi-tide and china house and Wet Pets are my favs! I currently have a 180 reef with a changing french angel, and changing grey angel an Emporator & large sailfin I call the Menedez brothers. A beautiful marron clown pair. CBBF, 2 "married" yellow tangs and tiny niger trigger, 1 huge coral banded shrimp. 1 cleaner shrimp. 1 peppermint shrimp.
1 cleaner wrasse, the original 3 blue damsel I started with. and 2 hermit crabs. The larger of the 2 ate my neon goby. sneak attack and consumed him before my very eyes.
Believe it or not. ALL my fish know their place in the tank with each other. I run ONLY ONLY ONLY 3 aqua clear 500 filters and 2 skimmers and a heater. that's it for filtration.
Regular water changes and NEVER EVER lost a fish!! and of course....Live rocks!!

tennisace

Originally Posted by TangMaster
This is Tangmaster from charlotte, nc. I live just down the street from FINTASTICS.
this place is OVERPRICED for poor quality. I have purchased fish from HI-TIDE also, Some good guys who are ecology minded as well. There is another store...WET PETS in Gastonia, nc. I purchased my 180 from them. Great guys with EXCELLENT specimens.
They are on Cox rd. off 85. Another place is in Hickory, nc. about an hr from us here in charlotte is called CHINA SEA AQUARIUM. great prices and a huge selection of EVERYTHING! Pet Land in the arboretum is NOT a well stocked or knowledgable outlet.
Wilkinson blvd's TROPIC PETS is also a place to AVOID. OVERPRICED and poor advice.
S. blvd's FRANK & Pegs is another place to avoid for fish. You can get some products but the specimens are in extremely poor and inadequate environments. SHOP SHOP SHOP around, hi-tide and china house and Wet Pets are my favs! I currently have a 180 reef with a changing french angel, and changing grey angel an Emporator & large sailfin I call the Menedez brothers. A beautiful marron clown pair. CBBF, 2 "married" yellow tangs and tiny niger trigger, 1 huge coral banded shrimp. 1 cleaner shrimp. 1 peppermint shrimp.
1 cleaner wrasse, the original 3 blue damsel I started with. and 2 hermit crabs. The larger of the 2 ate my neon goby. sneak attack and consumed him before my very eyes.
Believe it or not. ALL my fish know their place in the tank with each other. I run ONLY ONLY ONLY 3 aqua clear 500 filters and 2 skimmers and a heater. that's it for filtration.
Regular water changes and NEVER EVER lost a fish!! and of course....Live rocks!!
Yes Fintastic is overpriced on many things, but I almost never get fish or coral there, I did get a zebra eel two days ago for $99.99, which is what they charge for a 16in one on the internet, and I didn't have to pay shiping and he is doing great! Hi-Tide is a pretty good place, but they don't have much of a selection. The place in the Arbo doesn't have a good selection, but I bought a blue stripe puffer for $20 and a Filefish for $20, but he died this morning (one of the few loses I have had) because he stressed himself out when I put the eel in
. I stopped at Wet Pets, but was very disappointed because I must of come like the day before they got a shipment in, because they had NOTHING! Most of their tanks were empty, but they did have a Zebra that costed more than the one I got, and a reef shark. I havn't checked out the other places though. TY for the info. Besides I research my stuff on the internet.