Anyone Trading In West Virginia

susan g

Ive Had My Tank For 6 Months And Would Like To Start Some Soft Corals If Anyone Has Frags Available "i Have Nothing To Trade Will Have To Buy" Let Me Know. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME ZOOS THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL AND SO MANY COLORS

farmboy

--Imagine I'm wispering--
(Psssst!
We aren't supposed to SELL coral. We are only suppose to TRADE on here.)
--Normal Voice--
Hello SUsan!
Welcome to the boards!! What part of wild and wonderfull West by golly Virginia are you from?

susan g

I know were only to trade but im new and dont have anything to trade.
I'm from a tiny town callad Jacksonburg i work in new martinsville its a little bigger. the closest suppler is 30 miles away and not much selection. i thought this would be a great way to expand my options.

philcarp

Originally Posted by susan g
I know were only to trade but im new and dont have anything to trade.
I'm from a tiny town callad Jacksonburg i work in new martinsville its a little bigger. the closest suppler is 30 miles away and not much selection. i thought this would be a great way to expand my options.
Hey Susan! I live in Paden City... just outside of New Martinsville. I'm in the same boat as you... wanting to break into corals with some softies; but none to trade in return.

Have you tried the new fish store that just opened recently in New Martinsville? Aquarium Pets? Same guy that owns Highland Guns owns it. I got some snails from him and a damsel fish; but I haven't asked him about corals yet... he's got some there; but I don't know if any of them are for sale. He did tell me once, though that he could get me just about anything I wanted. I just hate to see what he would charge... he's a little one the pricey side; but i guess he has that right, being the only LFS for miles around. :happyfish
Anywho, just wanted say "hello" and let you know that I sympathize with ya.

Phil

reefnpond

Hi Susan
Also from Wv, Pocahontas Co. I know how hard it is to find corals. Just wanted to let you know that I have lucked on to a few good things and have just started to propegate a few of them, green star polyps, orange zoos, neon green zoos and about four different mushrooms. As I said before, just starting. Maybe in a month or so, if all goes well, I'll have afew items. Keep in touch. wendynjimmy@sunlitsurf.com

susan g

Yes i have tried the new store in New martinsville and he has quite a few to choose from but as you said quite pricey on some things, although i did get some of my fish there and thats where i get my frozen brine shrimp, I also found at St Clairsville mall behind walmart there is a store, not quite as much variety but not bad prices, have you tried there?

susan g

Ive been to pocahontas county its pretty there what size tank do you have mine's 55 gal
i have a few fish and one banded shrimp but thats all so far. keep in touch sng_654@yahoo.com

inthabayou

An original WV here... Born in Beckley.... No wresiding in Baton Rouge, LA.... but I have literaly been all ove the map.... Welcome.