Anyone use Tetra brand heaters?

blownz281

They are set inside with a steady temp of 78*. one i bought is 100watt. how good are these heaters? i'm kinda worried cause i have always had ones you can adjust. i could have sworn it said it worked up to 20gals. but i tested it out and it couldn't keep my 20gal warm at all.

throw it out! ......Buy a new one first though obviously. Heaters along with lighting and filtration you can't skimp out on. the tetras are junk b.t.w. I have had great luck with hagan tronics, and hydors. in both fresh and saltwater. They are at the lower price end also. hope this helps

camfish

Originally Posted by gratefulhippie
http:///forum/post/2656021
throw it out! ......Buy a new one first though obviously. Heaters along with lighting and filtration you can't skimp out on. the tetras are junk b.t.w. I have had great luck with hagan tronics, and hydors. in both fresh and saltwater. They are at the lower price end also. hope this helps
I used to have a tetra, it came with a freshwater kit. It only lasted a month before it stopped working. Of course, then I didn't know very much...hence buying the kit. I now have hydors and I really like those. Try to return the tetra though. Most product with a freshwater name tend to suck...I wouldn't think that you would have to go with a 150 watt, though. 100 should be adequate. I always like to get two smaller heaters, so in the case that one breaks down (which happens more than we would like it to), you have another to prevent a temp crash with.

blownz281

I'm with you guys, i have always thought tetra products sucked and never used anything they made till now. not even in my freshwater tanks. my walmart brings anything back it seems. so maybe they will take back my week old heater with no box or anything. I knew i should have made the trip to the petstore and got the same kind that wore out. forget what they are but crap they last 15years. better safe then sorry so i will just keep the old one for water change heat ups in the bucket. Thanks