Anyone use Tunze products?

pbuck

I have been looking at their Turbelle Stream pumps. I am wondering what everyone else has to say about them? I am hoping to get a 72 gallon bowfront and I was concerned with the output being 1600gph on the smallest pump. So if I was to get the wavemaker how would I be able to have more than one pump when they have such high outputs?

richard rendos

I just recently added a Turbelle Stream 6060 pump to my 120. It flows a lot of water, but not too powerful in my opinion. I would not run it too close to the top of the water to prevent splash, but otherwise I like mine a lot. I also run 3 Maxi Jet 1200's in that tank along with my 1100 GPH return pump from my sump.
The nice thing about the Tunze pumps is that it makes a wide stream of water compared to the relatively narrow stream by other power heads.

tony detroit

I don't have one but the lfs has 2 on their 220 reef tank. They look like they do a very nice job. Like Rich said, they seem to have a very wide stream of water that makes corals flow smoother, than just getting bombarded by water. It makes the lfs tank look really natural.