anyone w/ a prizm skimmer please respond...

i just bought my first skimmer last week and it was a prizm. i do not know what the "gunk" is supposed to look like it the collection chamber. is is supposed to be a brownish liquid? please let me know so i know i am not over skimming. thanks to all who respond!

it is just unbelievable to me that nobody have a prizm skimmer or any skimmer of that matter on this bb...
is this a stupid question that doesnt even deserve an answer or what? common, what do i pay you people for??? lol

vazquez66

I do not have prizm. But my brother bought one two weeks ago and i can go to the next town to check it out if you get no replys.
Vazquez66

birdy

I have a prizm and yes you should be get brown smelly gross stuff in your skimmer cup. From my understanding if you are pulling a lot of watery foam that doesn't look too dirty then you need to turn the water flow down but it sounds like you are adjusted correctly. I have to empty mine every 2-3 days or so. I just finished cycling so I am pulling a lot out.

dburr

Any skimmer will give you a dark green to brown scum. Sounds like your o.k.
P.S. You get what you pay for! LOL :D

fishfood

I have had a prizm for about a month and a half now and it works great. It started collecting the first day and all I have to do now is clean it out every 4 or 5 days. It does seem to collect more if you clean the neck of the collection cup. The gunk i'm getting is a greenish brown and I can not see through it. I also only have to adjust it when i put the collection cup back on. Other than that there is nothing to it for me.

thanks everyone for the info. all seems to be ok then. yes anthem i know this is not a chat forum, but thank you for your reply.

ebeckels

Anthem....I'd have to agree and disagree with you...I do agree that wolfman was using bad "netiquite" with his constant bumping every 15 minutes... (wolfman: it might take a day or two to get response!! It almost never takes 10 or 20 minutes!) Anthem...I have to disagree about the prizm being quiet....IME/IMO it's VERY loud.