Anyone with calcium reactor or the MTC Pro Cal. Have a question

cam78

Ok so screwing around with my ProCal to get it just right. The problem I am having is my calcium level. My PH is always around 8.1 and my DKH is around 9.9-10. My calcium is always a little low. Around 360-380. I have doses Turbo calcium by Kent and works great, but the whole point of the reactor is to not use a calcium supplement. Is there anything I am doing wrong or anything I am forgetting to do? Please let me know

acrylic51

The reactor is put more into place when you get the system stable at the set point and the reactor is there to maintain it. Are you sure your other parameters are fluctuating as well......

cam78

No my other parameters are pretty stable, especially my PH. DKH is always around 9-10. If I dosed Calcium then according to your response it should be keeping around 400ish. It drops within time and the reactor doesn't keep it where I want it.

cam78

Yeah I have been screwing around with bubble counter and drip rate. Thing is I cannot screw with one or another without the DKH moving. Or can I?

cam78

So what do you think will increase the calcium level? The bubble counter or the flow dripping back into the sump exiting the reactor? The co2 is melting the media which in turn is creating a higher DKH, correct? So then does the flow control calcium? I can NEVER get a straight answer on this.
The guys at MTC tell me to never worry about the calcium level, only the DKH. They say if I can get the DKH between 10-12 then it is perfect.