anyone with experience with Custom Sea Life smartlamp

t

I just purchased a Custom Sea Life 48" Smart Lamp for my 55gal. Has anyone had any success keeping soft corals with this fixture? If so, could someone recommend a very hardy beginner coral? Thanks

dhe420

I know plenty of people who have had success with that light. I would recomend something like a leather (finger, fiji, colt) or mushrooms. You can also keep zooanthids, and star polyps. You would be surprized at the amout of different low light corals out there. HTH

nasotang00

Would this be a dual 65w 48" light. I have 2 36" 96w csl retros in my 55gal. with just these two i have several different types of leather corals doing great. granted that i have just a little more wattage than yours but you really shouldn't have any problems. one more 48" retro would be great if you could add that. I have since added a csl 23" 55w retro directly in the center of the tank that has helped a lot also. thats 4.49w per gallon.
[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: NasoTang00 ]

nm reef

On my 55 reef I use 2x65 smartlites ...2x65 10000k's...2x110 vho actinic blues...and I've got an assortment of soft/mushrooms/lps....most everything except sps corals........will soon add a montipora and see how it does.....just a brief list:
frogspawn/torch/bubble/hammer/closed brain/open brain/colt/candy cane/several assorted polyps/numerous mushrooms(red..watermelon..green..fuzzy brown..etc)/3 types of recordia/bubble anoemone/3 different leathers(large and growing)/sarcophyton/plate coral/pogoda coral/.......except for a few odds and ends that pretty much covers it :eek: