Anyone?

ntank20

Has anyone ever ordered the live keys sand from swf.com and if you have can you tell me how was it shipped (like water or no water) and was it good quality. I am having to change out my bed from cc to ls. I really want the best so any replies will help. Thanks

shogun323

I ordered mine from SWF.com about a month and a half ago. It was shipped in a bag with water in it and enclosed in a styrofoam container. It was loaded with pods too. I am very happy with it. However, I am an extreme newbie so you may want other opinions are far as the quality goes.

whitey_028

Ive been diving in the keys and im hoping they take out the heineken bottles out!!
My lfs sells it all the time though and uses it in their tanks and it looks good to me.

ntank20

I don't know, i could tell people that it is a type of lr that came specially from the keys! Its just see through and green.
:hilarious
Just kidding. I hope they do to!

hardcrab67

Originally Posted by whitey_028
Ive been diving in the keys and im hoping they take out the heineken bottles out!!
My lfs sells it all the time though and uses it in their tanks and it looks good to me.
You can imagine the crap they find in dredged sand coastally. Its been screened a couple of times before they can bag it, but small parts of pollution can get through like bacteria. Pieces of glass are probally the safest(most senseless pollution because we can control that) in sand anywhere unless you cut you foot! These days I would think you could find that and much more that could "slip through" the screening process, no matter where you get it from. I went through mine after I put it in the tank, didn't find anything but still had to look.