Apistasia Help, Please

zanski

IMO... Go to your lfs and ask for Joe's Juice. It comes with a surenge, simply inject the liquid into the aptasia's mouth.
Works immidiatly
. People say boiling water works too ive never tried though! Good Luck!!!

grocery store to the canning section and get pickling lime(kalkwasser) mix it just thin enough to get through syringe and shoot it into aptaisia. will burn it to death.
Rich

patandlace

I would get some peppermint shrimp. I had the same problem in my 92 Gal. I threw in 5 shrimp and they wiped them out in a couple weeks.

tbone651

I bought a peppermint shrimp for my aiptasia problem. For the first month he wasn't too interested in the aiptasia, then one moring I turned on the light and it was all gone.

wilsonreef

I do the boiling hot water a lot of the time you just have to be close to them. You know when you get them, after you give them a shot of the hot water they melt and float away in the water. Works great and inexpensive tool.

B

baymonkey

I did the peppermint shrimp and they wiped them out in no time...

leftyblite

I would like to get a peppermint shrimp but I currently have a porc puffer in the tank. Wont this be a problem? :thinking:

ninjamini

Get a peppermint shrimp. They will eat the small ones.
For the big ones:
Take some calcium and make a paste. Cover the aiptasia with the paste. Be ready with an air-tube a bucket and some fresh saltwater. First turn off all the flow in the tank. After you put the paste on the aspasia it will go everywhere. Use the tube to create a syphon and suck it up. Add fresh salt water to replace what was syphoned off. Depending how bad they spread you may need to do this several times.
Good luck.

ninjamini

Originally Posted by leftyblite
So the shrimp will be OK with the porc puffer? :thinking:
Yea for a minute or two. Then lunch.

leftyblite

Thats what I thought about the shrimp. Could I take the one rock its one an stick in boiling water for a minute or so and then be OK?

leftyblite

WEll I guees that wont work, I tried finding the pickling lime but no luck, I'm going to the LFS tomorrow and guess I will try the Joe Juice :thinking:

zanski

yeah joe's is avail. at most LFS.. Watch out for pepp. shrimp i added 2 to my 29 gal for any future aptasia issues and they
NAILED
my yellow polyps. Back to the store they went.

S

stokessc

I had a heavy aptasia infestation on my 60 gal reef tank about 2 months ago and initially tried peppermint shrimp. They just didn't do it for me. Then I read about lemon juice injections with a hypo and that was futile(the aptasia were too small and retracted when I tried to inject them, not to mention that I had over 100).
I know people on here have a lot of bad things to say about their LFS but I was advised to try a copperband butterfly and I have to admit...he was amazing. All of my aptasia was gone within a few days and the copperband has been a nice addition to the tank.
I looked through several cure-alls including Joe's juice, aptasia away, and even Berghia nudibranchs, and I was happy that I chose the Copperband.
Good luck with getting rid of them.
Steve