apitasia?

acrylic51

They multiply like mad so don't try pulling them or such.....Some had used boiling hot water....Some a heavy shot of Kalkwasser.......I've tried the Kalkwasser with mixed results........You have to be careful as to what around when you blast em.....The safest and easiest I've used is JoesJuice.....

wattsupdoc

In can spread and sting you're corals. It spreads really fast. You can squirt it with boiling water or a product called Joe's Juice and that'll do.

adesimone1

Originally Posted by acrylic51
They multiply like mad so don't try pulling them or such.....Some had used boiling hot water....Some a heavy shot of Kalkwasser.......I've tried the Kalkwasser with mixed results........You have to be careful as to what around when you blast em.....The safest and easiest I've used is JoesJuice.....
I saw a thread on lemon juice could I use that

wattsupdoc

I've had them come back with Joes Juice but the boiling water kills 'em dead. Get a small syring or one of those from a test kit, boil some water, suck it up in the syring and squirt em good. It'll bleck out you'r coraline and can damage other corals , so be careful. The coraline will have a little white spot there where you sprayed it but it'll come back.

adesimone1

Originally Posted by acrylic51
I haven't seen the thread or tried it....
I've never seen anything called joe's juice

vitaly

adesimone1,
I had coral frags that had Aiptasia hitchhikers. I bought some lemon juice from the supermarket (little, plastic yeloow container) and using a small plastic syringe injected about 3 mls (or cc's) into the Aiptasia. It was gone within about 2 days. From what I have read the lemon juice is reef safe, will have minimal effect on water parameters (pH, etc) and is non-toxic. I have also read that peppermint shrimp will eat Aiptasia, however, I did not want to introduce them into my tank.
Good luck...

acrylic51

Cool didn't know the deal with lemon juice, I'll have to remember that.......Peppermint shrimp might and might not eat the anenomes......

reefkprz

Berghia verrucicornis= nudibrach thats eats the devil anemone Aiptasia and nothing else. good luck. I've heard the lemon juice thing but havent had to try it yet (knock on wood)

adesimone1

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
Berghia verrucicornis= nudibrach thats eats the devil anemone Aiptasia and nothing else. good luck. I've heard the lemon juice thing but havent had to try it yet (knock on wood)
Where can I find it?

trainfever

I have tried, Joes Juice, Peppermint shrimp, Butterfly fish and now finally lemon juice. The only one to work is the lemon juice. The Joes juice works up to a certain point but the aipstasia always seemed to come back and it is expensive for such a small bottle. Plus if you use too much of it, it can mess up the PH in your tank. By far the best and cheapest way is the lemon juice. My only concern is whether or not the dying Aipstaisia anemones will pollute the water.