Appy's Solana Journal

appaloosa1

I hope to keep up this thread to track my progress. I bought this setup on December 26 froma friend. All livestock was transferred from my 24g NC to the Solana. I had no losses and everything looks fantastic.
Everything in the tank is stock with an extra Koralia for more flow. Lighting is the disco ball 150w MH. I'm not sure what bulb is being used currently.
The tank is a mixed reef. I plan to add some more SPS to the left side of the tank. I have the tank setup up so that i can see through the right side from my bad, so I plan to build up the left side with SPS so there will be 2 different views.
Current livestock:
-Occelaris clownfish
-sexy shrimp
-Aussie Acans
-Blastos
-Green torch
-Frogspawn
-ricordea
-Many types of palys and zoas (including purple deaths)
-Orange Monti
-neon green trumpet
-Bubble
-Bright red and green shrooms
-Daisy polyps
-green leather
-clove polyps

subielover

Looking good. Any plans for more live rock? Looks like your clown likes to get up close and personal with the torch coral. Tank looks beautiful, I love solanas

appaloosa1

Thanks!
At this point I'm not going to add more live rock. I have made the mistake of adding too much LR before and therefore not having room for more corals that come attached to larger pieces of rock.
Nemo sleeps at the top of the tank and therefore is always getting stung; silly fish!

subielover

Sounds good, the clown should get used to the torch after awhile. I love your acans and blastos, very nice.

appaloosa1

Well, I've had the clown for 6 years or so and he's never learned to stay away from the LPS, so I doubt he ever will.
I'm using a Canon Rebel XT with a diopter to take the macro shots.
I will try and get some photos of the entire setup tomorrow after work!

appaloosa1

So I took tons of pictures today, sorry for anyone with dial up!
First is the stand/tank/light. I couldn't get a good shot.

My view from my bed

nissan577

dude i freaking love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its so freaking amazing! im speechless and what subie said nice shot on the monti!

appaloosa1

Thanks! I love the monti too, I need to get another one, maybe purple or bright green? I grew it out from a 1 inch frag. Here's a photo from last February

appaloosa1

I got 2 new additions- a Carribean zoa colony and an orange ric. Of course I took lots of photos. None of the new ric as its not fully open yet.