Aptasia Everywhere !!

maxalmon

If I remember correct this is a childrens hospital or some type of public service business. I seem to recall somebody else posting about this same tank, can't remember who.....One way or the other, either some Berghia's or some type of butterfly should be added in order to gain control of the tank, then find somebody else to maintain it.....Maybe have your boss take a look at this thread..

natclanwy

My tank was far worse than this one I think the aptasia in my tank resembled a sea mat on about 100lbs of live rock you couldn't see the live rock behind the aptasia and they also covered much of the glass and sand in my tank. It is possible to kill it off with Joe's Juice you just have to stay after it, I tried just treating a few at a time (as many as I could treat with one syringe full) and that wasn't working. I ended up treating as many as I could with a bottle at time and then I would wait a week and do it again. After about 3 weeks my tank was almost aptasia free, I still have few that are under rocks and in hard to reach areas but I am slowly getting those killed off too.
I also had very good luck with bergia nudibranches they could clear a rock aobut twice the size of a softball that was completly covered in couple of weeks.

fishzen

Joe's Juice did it for my tank, although it was not nearly as bad and out of control, I still have a few hard to reach but will get to them eventually

bgrae001

I had an issue with my first tank with Aptasia getting out of control. A friend of mine gave me a file fish and within a few weeks they were all gone, but then again so were my hermits and snails too.

alex4286

AAAAHAHA THATS AWSOME!
it gives the tank a more 'realistic' look to it!!
he can always invest in like 50 peppermint shrimp..
OR how about that one fish that eats like nothing but those things? that would be awesome to drop one of those in that tank.

morval

im just glad this is not MY tank. i belive its a 180g. if it were up to me i would add some nudis and a butterfly or 2 but its not
i knew it was a bad case but seeing all the replies of "worst ive ever seen" really make me laugh

ci11337

I would give the owner of the tank a present and get a butterfly or 2. Since it's at work you'd probably get a raise.
I will now go buy a bottle of joes juice and dump the entire thing on the single, tiny little one in my tank.

snipe

wouldnt be all that bad if they were pretty but they just kinda blah lol.
Something needs to be done as that tank guy will never get all thoughs. Either have to remove all rock and kill it all off and start over OR try removing without taking the rock but there really is no choice. Something drastic would have to take place to clean that tank.