aptasia on zoo

keith gray

I have a small aptaisia that has popped up on my zoo - right in the darn middle! Can I use Aptasia X or something like that and not worry about harming the zoo ?

flower

Originally Posted by Keith Gray
http:///forum/post/3185150
I have a small aptaisia that has popped up on my zoo - right in the darn middle! Can I use Aptasia X or something like that and not worry about harming the zoo ?

I used aiptasia X on the one on top of my zoo...it killed about 6 polyps surrounding it, I don't know if the aiptasia stung that section, or the aiptasia X is to blame.... It is a large colony, over 150 polyps, the aiptasia would do more damage than losing surrounding polyps so I used the aiptasia X.
So it will kill a few of the zoa.

keith gray

If I remember right I have an old bottle of Aptasia X in my extra fridge. I was thinking it states that it is not harmful to coral, but I don't trust that 100%. I guess if I lose a polyp or two it woudl be better than letting the aptasia take over. And I guess the polyps will eventually grow back.

flower

Originally Posted by Keith Gray
http:///forum/post/3185221
If I remember right I have an old bottle of Aptasia X in my extra fridge. I was thinking it states that it is not harmful to coral, but I don't trust that 100%. I guess if I lose a polyp or two it woudl be better than letting the aptasia take over. And I guess the polyps will eventually grow back.

I agree, a few polyps lost are better than aiptasia taking over....aiptasia X shouldn't hurt the coral but who know what killed the polyps???
...aiptasia stings coral and kills it, so maybe the medicine didn't.

tampashane

why not just get one or two peppermint shrimps? thats what i did and my aptasia was gone the next day and havent seen anything since.

jkp rules

Some of that aptasia killer like Joe's Juice you inject straight into the aptasia's gut to kill it. I would think anything that directed wouldn't hurt the sorounding polyps.