Aptasia

fishygrl

Pretty sure this is an aptasia but i wanted to get some other opinions.
Anyone have good removal solutions?

T

thomas712

MMmmmm. could I have a top shot as well? Not really Aiptasia looking but could be majono instead depending on placement of tentacles.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Thomas712
MMmmmm. could I have a top shot as well? Not really Aiptasia looking but could be majono instead depending on placement of tentacles.
I agree aips tentacles are pointed not rounded, a picture of the top would help.

fishygrl

Okay here is another picture of the little clingon living on the same rock as my colt.
Any ideas?

chipmaker

No Aiptasia, YES manjano. Just grab ahold of it and pull it out like a bad tooth. They let go and come out relatively easy and do not normally break like aip does. Use a hemostats or forceps or a good pair of tweezers. Joes juice works well as does lemon juice in getting rid of them.

cjml

:help: Please show the difference between a manjano and a bubble tip--thankyou.....

catawaba

Happy belated birthday fishygrl! Welcome to the board.
Do you go to any of the local stores?

fishygrl

Catawaba... Thanks :)
I frequent most of them actually. I spend most of my time at southwest reef though. I love rob, as does just about everyone else in town lol. Haven't been to the new coral island .... won't buy anything there in principle :) Saltwater loyalties.. what are you going to do.
I used to like Clark's but their tanks seem to leave a little to be desired these days... :( What about you?

T

thomas712

majano typically has its tentacles around the outside rim of the capitulum near the parapet or collar, like this one does, a bubble tip would have them spread around the surface of the stomata area.
Thomas

craig7220

Thanks for all the help. I'm fishygrl's dad and we plan on removing this little bugger as soon as we can. Already tried once, and didn't realize he was as quick at disapearing. Think I just touched him with the forcepts and he was gone... I"ll have to go to stealth mode to get him....