aptasia

sharon

Was looking at pics here at saltwater.com and they have a curlique anemone-aptasia something. Is this sort of what the bad aptasia's look like. If so, that is not what I have in my tank. What I have is definately a feather duster. Now I have 2 new things that look like some sort of feather dusters. But they are a pinky color. Any ideas?
Sharon :)

byrself

i think they are some sort of fan worms. i got alot in my tank of different colors and shaped. i think they are generally a good thing. the aptasia deal is a different story. they do have some small anemone looking things that resemble aptasia also. there's not alot of pics on the net about the different types that i've found to be able to figure out which is which. some are okay i think and some aren't. my roomate has some in his tank that are right next to some button polyps, but they don't seem to be hurting them. we can't figure what they are either. they look cool though. :)

sharon

Stopped in lfs. the AM and he showed me what aptasia looks like. So, I am pleased to say that what I have is feather dusters. 2 of them are pale pink. Very pretty. And I will be getting some DT phytoplankton(sp)tomorrow when he gets it in.
Now, another question. Is it possible to have some type of coral hitchhike in on the live rock?
Sharon