Aqua-C EV-150 Skimmer For Sale South Alabama

kc36330

I recently traded off my 120g tank and this EV-150 takes up a bit to much room in the stand of the 75g setup I had it on. It was intended for a pump such as a Mag 7, I've ran it with that, a Mag 9 and an Iwaki 40RT (Japan Pressure pump).
$325 w/ your choice of the Mag 7/9 .......or with the Iwaki 40RT for $475. Prices include shipping/insurance to the lower 48
kc
PS: for some reason i hardly ever get an email from this board about postings so email direct for quickest responses koi_man at hotmail dot com

pogodzib

kc36330 - FYI, That isn't the EV-150. The EV-150 has the outlet on the end of the skimmer near the bottom. That skimmer is one of the newer and improved versions of the EV-150. Either the EV-120 or EV-180. You can probably figure out which one it is by getting the dimensions off of it and comparing it to the dimensions listed at one of the on-line retailers.

kc36330

It's an EV-150, it is the 'New Style' though. they made all 4 (120, 150, 180 and 400) in this style.
kc

ohiostater

I have to agree with Pogodzib. New models are EV-120, 180, 240, and 400. Old models EV-90, 150, and 200. I have the old one, which is a 200, and doesn't look like your pic.

yerboy

that looks exactly like my 180

i just did a google search on the ev 150 and the pics that come up look exactly like my 180, so either they are selling 150s as the new 120 or 180s or that is in fact a 150. I couldn't find a pic of the 150 on the aqua c site. What is the foot print of this skimmer? the ev 150 is 5.5 X 7.5 the 180 is 9 x 5.75.

pogodzib

The EV-90/150/200 look the same from the outside as the newer models (EV-120/180/240) with the exception of the outlet on the old EV are on the end near the bottom and the new EV's on the side near the top, along with the boxes are larger for the comparable models in the newer versions. Here's a pic of an older model (EV-150) from another website.
http://www.***********.com/IMD/MD_images/aquarium/ps_ac_aquac_chrisgeorge.jpg
As you can see, the skimmer outlet is on the end. Internally the new EV's are a little different. One of the easiest ones to see is by taking off the injector and seeing if there is a 2" tube attached below the platform directly under the injector hole. The newer models have this tube and the older models dont.
BTW - If you look at the AquaC website, under User Manuals for the EV-150, it shows a diagram in there with the skimmer outlet on the end.

kc36330

good bad or indifferent to the model number, i picked up another tank tonight so I'm just gonna keep the skimmer, thanks to any who showed interest.