Aqua C EV 180

dinks

I am going to buy a new skimmer for the 75g.
At first I was going to get the aqua c ev120, then I realized the 180 is only 40.00 more.
Question for pump. They recommend either:
• Sen 700
• Mag 700
• Rio 3100
• Dolphin DP-800
They recoommended 2 others, but out of my price range, so which would you consider the best of the above pumps

dinks

Since, you said you never had a problem with the drive, does that also include you are pleased with the Aqua C?
Thank you

saltn00b

i have the 180, i use the rio3100 only because i already owned the pump. if i had to purchase a new pump for it, i would likely get the mag 7, as they are constructed with higher quality and have less issues (although i have had no issues with my rio, i have seen people post about the rios being junk, my smaller rios are fairly worthless)
that being said, make sure you follow the instructions for set up to a T and stay up on the maintenance of cleaning it 1 - 2 times a week, as this will keep you skimming at optimum levels. all i do is give the cup a quick rinse and wipe the lower cylinder down with a few paper towels.
i also suggest hooking up vinyl tubing and a collecting tub.
check out my placement and additions in my upgrade thread.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/247342/saltn00bs-multi-phase-upgrade-diary

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by dinks
Since, you said you never had a problem with the drive, does that also include you are pleased with the Aqua C?
Thank you
Works great just a pain to clean the lower tube every other
day.