Aqua C Remora or Coralife SS

khoi29

Ok everybody , I'm looking in to buy one of these 2 brand skimmer
Aqua C Remora or Coralife SS . Never owned any of these skimmer.
Which one is better for the money. I need a skimmer for my 72gal
semi reef tank. it has to be (HOB) skimmer. I recently have a seaclone
150, that puts million micro bubble in my tanks , it sucks. will the Aqua C Remora or Coralife SS puts million micro bubble in your tank.
Thanks

cgj

I have a remora, and can say it does the job good. I'd recomend getting the optional filter box with two compartments, as the water that flows back in can be filtered by a piece of foam. No it does not produce any microbubbles.

chilwil84

get the remora with a mag 3 the skimmer is real narrow so your tank can be close to the wall and the overflow box removes the film you get on the surface of your water when it isnt agitated enough i have actually hung mine on my refugium now and it works great on my 90

ejensen

I personally do not like anything coralife. I never seen the Coralife skimmer in action but I do have a remora nano for my 20 gal and I was totally shocked for how good it works. It is kind of loud because it is spray induction though.

al mc

I have used both. I feel that the Remora is superior to the CSS. Both work and both require a break in period of several hours/days to work at peak efficiency. The Remora never put microbubbles back into the tank. The CSS
can/does sometimes despite its 'bubble dissipater'. Both would work in your set up, but I would go Remora, no question.

partsman

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
Performance Coralife. Less headaches and a dry floor AquaC
i have both ......the coralife ss 65 on my big tank and the aquac on my 20 softy tank. i found the aqua c takes up far less space but the coralife filters more gunk out. aqua c is a bit easier to service with the removable collection cup while the coralife you actually have to turn a submerged valve off and unscrew a retaining nut to remove the collection cup to clean. the aqua c is far more noisy but you get used to it after a while.
hey - if i can tune out the mentapausing wife then who cares ...lol