Aqua C Remora Pro Protein Skimmer

bonebrake

Hey guys, I am having a little problem with one of these skimmers. I am helping out my step-dad with getting his skimmer working for his nano and it has been running for well-over two months with no collection. He had a Maxijet 900 on it (230 GPH) and I thought that perhaps it was not enough flow so I just installed a Maxijet 1200 (295 GPH) on it today, but it still is not getting enough bubbles up the tower to the collection cup.
I do not have the airline tubing on the pump to inject more air, if I do that, will that help? Or do I just need an even more powerful pump?

deepcdv

If you are using the Remora "pro" you still might be underpowering it with the maxi-jet 1200. The Remora Standard comes w either a MJ 1200 or Rio 800 pump, the Pro comes w either Mag 3 or Rio 1400. Position of the collection cup is the biggest thing with these. There is also a port with a plastic screw that you remove to periodically clean out any debris that may be blocking water flow through the injector. Certain additives/foods will temporarily stop bubble production but normally it soon returns. Take a look at the product website also.

gregghia

Man get a hard core pump. I don't like the bubbling I get with the maxi 1200 on the regular Remora. So the Pro I know needs a stronger pump. The position of the cup is important but if you are getting nothing you are getting nothing. Make sure you don't clean the cup or anything often or at all. But you should be getting waste after just a few days.

al mc

Bone break..More pumping power, as indicated above, and time. Break in period for the two I have used was several days. If you getting NO bubbles then I would contact the manufacturer as you should see or hear something that sounds like a 'alkaseltzer' or 'fizzy' dissoleving in water even if you can't see anything. I do not use the rubber gasket to adjust the height on mine. It will dry rot quickly anyway and I found in my applications that just putting the cup in its lowest position worked fine.