Aqua C Remora Pro Skimmer vs. Prizm Pro Deluxe Skimmer?

ignath

I have severe space restrictions and cannot use a sump, so I am using an Ehiem Pro 2. I want a protein skimmer but am having difficulty getting info on one to fit a 150. The choice appears to be the Aqua C Remora Pro Skimmer or a Prizm Pro Deluxe Skimmer. Thanks for your help.

stanlalee

well I dont know of any hang on back skimmer suitable for a 150g but I would chose the remora pro by a mile. you might even consider running a pair. that will probably get you where you need to be.

T

tizzo

Got the AquaC Remora Pro, love it!!
Check out proteinskimmer dot com for more info on them. That sight does not sell them but if you have questions about them, their guy will answer them usually within the hour.

I've seen some tanks that run multiple HOB skimmers, I guess in a worst case scenario that would be better than too little. The Remora Pro is a great skimmer IMHO
Chris

mikeyfishy

I had the Prism Pro Deluxe and it was worthless. It was impossible to adjust: it either did nothing or filled the reservoir in just a few hours. There was no in between. I've heard of others having success with the Prizm but also just as many who say it doesn't work. Go with the Aqua C!
Mike

ignath

Thanks for you input and sorry about your experience. Looks like we are geographic neighbors, I live in Charles Town, WV. Thanks again!

schwam

I am looking at the Aqua C romora Pro. New 90 Gal tank for me. At what point do I add the skimmer?

jerthunter

Quick question, why is the prizm pro deluxe rated for 300 gal? I have a regular prizm skimmer and was planning on upgrading to an aqua c remora skimmer but I noticed the prizm pro deluxe was rated for more gals and cheaper.
I am still planning on the remora since it seems to be better in everyones opinion but I am curious why the prizm pro deluxe is rated so high in gals.