aqua c remora question

dennis26

Hi... I hooked up the aqua c remora HOB skimmer yesterday
and so far i dont see any results i know that it suppose to kick in maybe in a wek or two. I find it a little loud also.
The question is .. how long did it take for yours to start working? plus did the noise stoped also or is it just gonna stay loud like this? :notsure: :notsure: :notsure:
thank you for any info
Dennis

b0gart

I have one and it took a few days to produce anything at all. Mine is relatively quiet, I got the maxijet 1200, I don't know how loud the other pump is. Do you have the pump wedged up against the glass? That could cause some vibration noise. Overall I am very happy, I think you will be too.

dennis26

I have the maxi jet 1200 running the water into the skimmer.
I think that noise comes out the injector inside the skimmer.Do u think i could adjust it with that screw a lil bit? Im not sure if i wanna mess with it. By the way it sterted to produce some foam today. Does your injector make any noise?
Its not too big of a noise but if i hade it in a bedroom or something i would be bothered by it.
:thinking:

b0gart

I got my remora about a month ago, it took about 2 weeks to get it broken in. At first it made more noise and made a ton of tiny bubbles in my tank, which drove me completely nuts. After a month, the bubbles are gone and I don't notice any noise. I wouldn't mess with the injector. Just give it a couple of weeks. If you have any questions about it, the manufacturer's customer service people are great. I gave them a call once or twice and they were very helpful.

vwbortoni

I set mine up 3 days ago (1200MJ pump) and yesterday it started making foam. I already have about 1/8th of an inch of liquid that looks like diluted coke.
It's not very loud at all... I think it will improve as time progresses.
Keep at it.

badkharma

Mine was loud with the MJ1200 at first like you, then as it broke in, it did an awesome job of skimming and is almost completely silent unless you put your ear to it. Don't worry, the noise and microbubbles will go away, and the thing will start to skim. Probably one of the best HOB skimmers available.

sponjbob

how much was the remora?how many gallons is it rated for?how much room on top of it do you need if you have a canopy

dennis26

The aqua c remora is rated up to 75g its one of the better skimmers out there(what i heard better than Prizm or seaclone) I got it on e-bay for 150+shipping.and i think the aqua pro remora is for tanks for 75g and more
its a hang on back skimmer so i dont know how hard is it gonna be to put it up with the conopy. its 6" wide 18.5 tall(changes with the collection cup edjustments) and 2.75" front to the back without hosing.
dennis

b0gart

I have the Remora with the MJ1200 pump and it needs about 3.5-4 inches of room behind the tank and it sticks up about 6.25 inches from the top. I don't think the hole in the back of your canopy would have to be that tall since most of the height is outside the tank. the top of the return is about 3 inches above the top of the tank. the remora is rated for tanks 20-75 gallons, the remora pro for 40-120. get the upgraded pump if you get the remora, I don't know about the pro. I think you will be happy with it.

dennis26

My Bubble tip anemone just died:mad: 50$ down the drain.
to all the people with the pretty pic of their tanks.
Dennis

reefraff

The screw on the remora is to allow you to clean the injector with the brush that came with the skimmer. You can rid a lot of noise by placing a sponge in the area under the collection cup above the injection nozzle.
My skimmer was producing foam out the drain kit from day one but I am running a mag 5 pump on it. You may need to play with the collection cup height to get the concentration of skimmate where you want it.

dennis26

Thank you for the advice. Im adjusting the collection cup already to get it where i want it ,but i think it still hasnt done its best.
I'll just have to give it some time
dennis

badkharma

Originally posted by Dennis26
Thank you for the advice. Im adjusting the collection cup already to get it where i want it ,but i think it still hasnt done its best.
I'll just have to give it some time
dennis

Yes, just give it time. Mine took around 2 weeks to finally start skimming properly and stop producing microbubbles.