Aqua C Remora

tuna dan

Hello I have just started my tank 2 days into and the Aqua C is so loud it sounds its getting ready to take off. If any one has used this and had this same problem please let me know; Aqua c the nosie should stop in a week so i am hoping.

sandiegan

I just bought a used aquaC, it had only been taken down for two days. No real noise. Just curious though, are there any adjustments that can/should be done to it? Still using the maxijet it came with.

rnk9394

How loud is an AquaC skimmer? I'm deciding on a skimmer for my tank and was going to go with an AquaC, but I'm concerned that the noise will a problem.
Is this just a rare instance or is adjustment on the skimmer needed or are Remoras just louder than other skimmers?
Thanks
Rick

scubadoo

Howdy Rick...I live in Sierra Vista, AZ not too far from you. I have a Remora Pro HOT I just installed on my 110. It does make a little noise but I do not find it loud or distracting. I would compare the noise to a light hssing sound. Make sure when you attach the pump to the intake tubing you tighten the clamp really well. I thought I did but the pimp slipped off and I now have a sand storm in my tank.
I also purchased the optional drain attachment so I do not have to empty the cup daily.....but every other day or so. They also have a larger cup that can be purchased. The drain will come in handy during vacation time.
Tuna Dan....I just hooked mine up on Friday and I would not say it is noisey. I do know it takes a week or longer to break the skimmer in.

tuna dan

Yea its going on three days, still sounds the same. I think the pump is vibrating the whole skimmer, mine came with the rio 800 should I buy the Maxi Jet instead?

scubadoo

Hmmm...I have a Mag 5 hooked up to mine and there is no vibration to speak of Try repositioning the skimmer on your tank . Is the skimmer level?

tuna dan

Yea its level, what about the valve on the on the tube that leads into the skimmer it is set where it was, it is really starting to annoy me.

scubadoo

If you go to the Aqua C site you can download the User manual. I beleive the screw you are talking about is for the injector spray nozzle. I do not beleive it requires adjusting but sometimes it does need to be cleaned should something become lodged in the injector.

vwbortoni

Originally posted by Tuna Dan
Yea its going on three days, still sounds the same. I think the pump is vibrating the whole skimmer, mine came with the rio 800 should I buy the Maxi Jet instead?

Yes, you really should get the MaxiJet 1200 pump... you may need to also get the adaptor hose for it. It doesn't just fit into it if you had the Rio.
Great skimmer... I like it a lot.

tuna dan

Yea its off the glass, I guess Ill just wait out the week see if it quiets down, then if it doesn't I guess ill order a Maxi Jet 1200. Thanks for all yalls help