AquaC Remora opinions are greatly valued

bender

first ty all for hlp and info im lookig at a aquac remora 1200 i have a 30 gal reef tank with 2 damsels ive been told its a light bio load so would this skimmer be enough ty again (shoe string tank)

nordy

It would be enough. If it worked for you. I bought one because I heard that my Seaclone was a POS. The Remora ran for over 2 weeks and never settled down and worked for me. The cup constantly overflowed and there was nothing I could do to make it work. Put my Seaclone back in and it started working again almost immediately.

dang

I've had the Remora C on a 55 and had no problems with it, it did take sometime for it to break in (about 2 weeks) but after that it worked like a champ.
I don't have it anymore because I moved to a 90 gallon with a sump

bender

Originally Posted by Nordy
http:///forum/post/2930173
It would be enough. If it worked for you. I bought one because I heard that my Seaclone was a POS. The Remora ran for over 2 weeks and never settled down and worked for me. The cup constantly overflowed and there was nothing I could do to make it work. Put my Seaclone back in and it started working again almost immediately.
tyvm so just as i guessed more is just more ty for help knew there hada be one person out there not impressed by brand names

daninct

I bought the remora c HOB when I read up and everyone said it was he best around and would fit better. I have a coralife super skimmer and it is a HOB that is huge. The remora -c ran well at first but the microbubbles were way more than I expected and the small cup constantly needed to be emptied. It did not at the time have the drain fitting. I then boughtthe bubble difuser and it was garbage. Didn't do the trick and tok up so muchtank room. Big black ugly box in the tank. I went back to the super skimmer and even bought another one for my other tank and put it ini ts sump. At half the price it works better and is less maintenance.
I am trying the remora c one more time but on a smaller 30 gal I am trying for sea horses. I spent so much on that darn thing I need to make it work. 2 years of sitting on a shelf staring at me is driving me nuts.
My advice to you is stick to what works for you and don't worry about price. If you find something cheap online and it works - keep it. If not, try something else. Don't go for the more money means better stuff.

pete159

keep the cup raised as high as it will go for the first few weeks.
The micro bubbles eventually go away and the cup will fill with dark gunk and then you can start to lower it to collect thicker foam.
You just gotta chill out and wait for it to kick in.