AquaC Remora or Urchin Hang-on

dmh

Anyone have either of these protien skimmers on their tanks? I have seen them rated as the best skimmers in their class on the only two sites that have rated them. One thing I am concerned about is noise. Any opinions regarding the noise level of the AquaC skimmers?

misty

I have a Remora. Like it so far, although it hasn't really had to work too hard yet.
The Rio pump that it comes with is kind of loud, but I've heard that hooking it up to a Maxi Jet 1200 instead makes it work better and is quieter. I just haven't done this yet.

salth2o

I Have the remora on a 55 and the remora pro on a 150. The remora pro is 10x the skimmer its little brother is. Spend the extra cash and get the pro. Big difference! All skimmers are kinda noisy...they have to be for what their doing.
my two cents.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Is the RemoraPro noiser than the Prizm? Anybody had both?
The prizm drives me nuts. LOL However, the new impeller that Red Sea is offerring might quiet it down somewhat, or so I'm told.

C

coralbeauty

I have the remora pro on a 55 gallon reef. I also have the pre-filter box. It works great. I purchased the item used off of the net, so I was able to save some money.
Connie

fishgills

I have the remora C on my 55gallon, i put the maxi-jet 1200 on and it works great, i can't even hear it run, it was a good investment. ;) ;)