AquaC Remora Users Question

rbaldino

No. Since the outlet of the powerhead goes into the intake tube on the skimmer, I don't think you can even attach the air intake. And why would you want to anyway?

rbaldino

Originally Posted by DeltaBlack22
Just curious what effect it would have on skimming... You could attach it if you wanted.
The Remora doesn't have any problems making bubbles. If anything, it would probably have a negative effect on the skimmer's ability to operate.

deltablack22

Originally Posted by rbaldino
The Remora doesn't have any problems making bubbles. If anything, it would probably have a negative effect on the skimmer's ability to operate.
Nope, my skimmer just skims really wet and I have to keep the collection cup way up or I could easily skim a gallon a day of green water. Since there is no adjustment other than collection cup height I was wondering if more bubbles injected would enable me to get a dryer skimmate.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by DeltaBlack22
Nope, my skimmer just skims really wet and I have to keep the collection cup way up or I could easily skim a gallon a day of green water. Since there is no adjustment other than collection cup height I was wondering if more bubbles injected would enable me to get a dryer skimmate.
If you aerate the water ahead of the Remora's injection nozzle it probably won't work as well, which will probably result in fewer bubbles in the reaction chamber. Try taking the skimmer apart and giving it a good cleaning, and maybe add the prefilter box if you don't already have it.

lovecraft

Also if you get the prefilter box, you won't have room for any attachment. Love mine, I got the built in drain and the prefilter box.

deltablack22

Yeah I've got both as well. Just curious as to how this would affect the skimmer - sounds like everyone would agree that its a bad idea. I believe AquaC recommends not using it either.