AquaClear Powerhead

I have an AquaClear 201 powerhead. How low can I set it in the tank. I can't see the water line on the powerhead. Can it go all the way under, just above the power line?

krishj39

yup, you can put it all the way under. there are no moving electric parts, the electricity on those just powers a magnet. this is good because it means they can fill the whole thing in with epoxy, making it VERY waterproof. basically, anything that wouldn't be waterproof has been encased in epoxy. stick it where ever you want.

yetex

I wouldn't say there is no chance of electrical shock because there is always a chance of electrical shock when your putting a ph in the water. Just make sure there is no frayed wires and it shoulc be ok. The chance for shock is slim.

fshhub

they are completely submersible
as mentioned though, if there were a broken wire or something but that would be it
Now, keep this in mind if youwant urchins, they like to chew the algae off of wires and often chew through.

thanks also for the heads up
just got my spiny urchin today, but my powerhead wires is not in the tank, only the motor is submersed