Aquapod, anyone have one??

gen1dustin

Hey my brother is looking to start up a SW aquarium. He doesn't want something to small like a nano, but he likes the idea of all in one systems. Like the Aquapod. Which I guess is really right at the edge of nano. Anyway does anyone have one? If so are you happy with it?
Also I notice there is two different lighting configurations for it 2 x 32 watt PC or 1 70 watt HQI Metal Halide. Now that isn't very many WPG, but I know that metal halide put off lots of lumens per watt. So could any anemones be grown with that?
Thanks in advance looking foward to hearing any comments.

joncat24

I dont have a pod , but I have thought of buying one several times and actually still am thinking about it. Tha aquapod with the hqi can definitly sustain an anenome. They are clean looking all in one tanks, just have to keep up with top offs and water changes on a small tank. And I would replce the bio-balls that come with it with live rock rubble. But that's just my .02

gen1dustin

Ok cool thanks. They're not priced that bad niether if looking at other all in one systems like the Sea Clear II.

joncat24

Like I said , I dont have one. But you are right, they are not really priced bad. The only extra equipment you need is a heater and everything is all housed behind the bcak wall, so they look really clean. And with the metal halide you wont need much of a heater except at night.

sugarfox03

I have a 24g AquaPod, I love mine! Althought I wish I didnt decide after I bought it that I wanted to keep a clam and high light corals. I have a 150w MH on mine, all my corals LOVE it! They get HUGE when its on. I dont know if 70w is enough, is he looking at the 12g or 24g? If 12g, it may be ok, but I believe its not quite enough for the 24g. Its a neat tank, I love the look. Good luck for whatever he chooses!

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Gen1Dustin
Hey my brother is looking to start up a SW aquarium. He doesn't want something to small like a nano, but he likes the idea of all in one systems. Like the Aquapod. Which I guess is really right at the edge of nano. Anyway does anyone have one? If so are you happy with it?
Also I notice there is two different lighting configurations for it 2 x 32 watt PC or 1 70 watt HQI Metal Halide. Now that isn't very many WPG, but I know that metal halide put off lots of lumens per watt. So could any anemones be grown with that?
Thanks in advance looking foward to hearing any comments.
Alo check in the NANO-CUBE section as well!

colourmop

get the MH, else you have to spend lot $ to get 1 later if you decided to start on sps or anemone (70W in a 24gal?)

hatessushi

Joncat24 wrote;
And I would replce the bio-balls that come with it with live rock rubble. But that's just my .02
That's what I did in mine. Although mine is not an aquapod here is a picture just after finishing the cycle a few months ago. I couldn't post it here because it was to big.
http://home.earthlink.net/~anikkin/