aquapod lights ??

fishyapol

for all you aquapod owners... when do you or did you change out your light bulbs.. i have had mine for about alittle over a year now... anyone??

gharner

can you upgrade the bulbs? i kindof wanted to do an upgrade on my 12 gallon but didnt want to get meatal halides yet ( right now i dont have the money i need to get a new car). maybe i will get MH's in the summer. are their any bulbs that have a high lighting output that would work in this system? because i want to get a lot of soft corals and eventually when i get the metal halides i would get some clams, ect.

jacksonpt

There is an company that offers custom solutions for nano tanks, including the aquapod. They offer a 64w hood our tanks for something like $70. I can't post the link here, but it shouldn't take long for google to find them for you.
I don't think you can just swap in a 32w bulb in place of the stock 27watters...

zjhoward

A friend of mine has a 24 gallon aquapod, and he said the ballast that it came with can support 40 watt bulbs even though they stock it with only 32 watt bulbs. Look into that when you replace them!

fishyapol

so i went shopping today and i asked at every fish store i went to and they said that you probably can do a higher wattages but it is not recommended because the ballast can take lower wattage but not higher... so i played it safe and just got the 32 watt.. thanks for playing yall :hilarious