Aquapod?????

jmestayer1

Does anyone have an aquapod 24? It is comparable to the nano cube. I was wondering if anone has any experience with this type of set-up?

yerboy

Originally Posted by jacksonpt
I have the aquapod 12, for whatever that's worth to you.
same

jacksonpt

The latest batch of them seems pretty good. I had heard about the early Aquapods cracking, but that doesn't seem to be a problem any more. The only real "issue" people have is with the heat, but there are ways to manage that. I think all the out-of-the-box, all-in-one nano systems have their issues, and heat is the issue with the Aquapods. Though, if you go open top halide, then heat might not be a problem.
That being said, I'm very happy with mine. I've done a couple of minor things to improve the setup, but it's a nice system right out of the box.

chipmaker

IMHO I think the Biocube by Oceanic is better than the Aqua Pods or the JBJ nano's. Only issue I have with the Bio-Cube from what saw and heard is that the overall hood is not hinged, and some like it that way others do not, but its certainly not a biggie. There is a smaller access door for feeding etc so its not like y ureally have to be lifting off the entire hood anyhow. The 2, LFS here still have been having issues with the other two brands in regards to pumps dieing, lights dying and glass cracking.......and are esentially phasing out those two brands and giving Finnex M Tank's and Bio Cubes a shot now. I now the one shop has sold a bunch of Bio Cubes and has not had any problems.

demartini

Originally Posted by chipmaker
IMHO I think the Biocube by Oceanic is better than the Aqua Pods or the JBJ nano's. Only issue I have with the Bio-Cube from what saw and heard is that the overall hood is not hinged, and some like it that way others do not, but its certainly not a biggie. There is a smaller access door for feeding etc so its not like y ureally have to be lifting off the entire hood anyhow. The 2, LFS here still have been having issues with the other two brands in regards to pumps dieing, lights dying and glass cracking.......and are esentially phasing out those two brands and giving Finnex M Tank's and Bio Cubes a shot now. I now the one shop has sold a bunch of Bio Cubes and has not had any problems.
I just got my biocube and the hood is hinged, so they changed that...by the way I love the bio cube...so far!

blueram

Stay away from the Aquapod, it often leaks. Yesterday I wen to my LFS and I asked the owner what he thought about the Aquapod and he recommended me to stay away from it. A customer had just returned his 24g Aquapod because it leaked and he said that this is a major problem with the Aquapod. The Biocube is a way better nano.
Cheers

chipmaker

Originally Posted by DeMartini
I just got my biocube and the hood is hinged, so they changed that...by the way I love the bio cube...so far!
So, they now have the main cover / hood hinged. Thats good to hear. The one lfs here got in a heap of the bio cubes when they were first introduced and released, and none of them had hinged hoods except for that access door for water samples and feeding etc. I do not know if what they told me is true or not as I do not have a desire to own one myslef, but they said only the initial order is subject to the lower introductory price. They sold the 29 gal bio cubes for $189.00 and that is a super good price IMHO....Now all their instock cubes are about 80 bucks higher. I do however find the stand that Oceanic sells to be grossly overpriced for MDF and some glass though.......I know the one lfs here sold a truck load of the 29 gal cubes in short order.

demartini

Originally Posted by chipmaker
So, they now have the main cover / hood hinged. Thats good to hear. The one lfs here got in a heap of the bio cubes when they were first introduced and released, and none of them had hinged hoods except for that access door for water samples and feeding etc. I do not know if what they told me is true or not as I do not have a desire to own one myslef, but they said only the initial order is subject to the lower introductory price. They sold the 29 gal bio cubes for $189.00 and that is a super good price IMHO....Now all their instock cubes are about 80 bucks higher. I do however find the stand that Oceanic sells to be grossly overpriced for MDF and some glass though.......I know the one lfs here sold a truck load of the 29 gal cubes in short order.
Mine was over priced, but i figured I would get it since I'm getting $100 back from the cube master. my 14 gallon was $200.