aquarim backrounds.....???????

chris17

:confused: Ok, what is the blue backround made of that I keep on seeing on everybodys tanks??? I would rather not have to use paint and paint my aquariums glass........I am tired of looking at my wires and cords!!! help please............thanks

T

tizzo

At your LFS they sell backrounds for tanks. Just get your dimensions and they will cut it for you. It's usually on spools in some corner of the store. The heights of different tanks vary, and it's hard to "eye" it, which is why I mentioned getting the dimensions. There is one backround that is black on the bottum and it fades up to a pretty blue near the top... Stay away from it!! After it's on your tank, you can't see the color change. I have a black backround on my tank and I love that stuff. I can change it just for fun if I ever wanted to.

mpls man

I used blue acrilic from a local glass place, i placed it on the inside of the tank but you can go with the outside as well. it cost me about 40.00 for a piece for my 75. heres a old pic of the background.

boadyboom

i used a spray paint from wall mart made just for plastic and glass worked great called krylon fusion sticks really good to slick surfaces but since you dont want to paint it i shouldnt of suggested it haha

robchuck

For my background, I used a thin sheet of plastic from Home Depot that is designed to protect windows. I cut it to size and spraypainted a blue to black gradient on it. The plastic is attached firmly to the tank and sealed off to prevent salt creep from going between the background and tank. It's almost impossible to tell that the background isn't painted on.
Another cheap option would be posterboard.

T

thomas712

This shots over a year old when my 90 gallon was still less than a year old. The background is the oceanvisions product that went on with soap and water, slick as a whisle, just use a credit card to smooth out the bubbles and your done.
Thomas

T

tizzo

Originally posted by MPLS MAN
I used blue acrilic from a local glass place, i placed it on the inside of the tank but you can go with the outside as well. it cost me about 40.00 for a piece for my 75. heres a old pic of the background.

:scared: :scared: :scared: 40 BUCKS??? Holy C'moly!! Here it's like $2.00 a foot. Wow... 40 bucks??