Aquarium Leak

nicodemus

I'm pretty positive my tank is leaking because the towel underneath it is soaked and the water level is dropping too fast for evaporation. I checked the sides and couldnt find a leak, so I suspect it is on the bottom...any ideas on how to control the leak etc..?

ty_05_f

Well if its a 20gal I would think it would be a good time to upgrade to a bigger tank.:yes:

55galgill

do you have a bulkhead or anything down there that could be causing it to leak? sorry bud for the bad luck.

nicodemus

Well, I drained the tank and found a couple small leaks. I bought a new 20 gallon and transfered everything and hope everything will adjust.

evilss

im going thru the same thing right now with a 29 gallon. im gonna be transfering all of my tank this week. im painting the back of the tank tonight. i hope to do all the moving tommorrow. my orginal 29 gal tank is about 10-15 years old and has been moved many times. im gonna reseal it and use it later on as needed. always good to have a spare tank around.

nicodemus

Yeah, I could never really find a major leak in the tank, i think it just needs some re-sealing, so I'll keep it around like you suggested.