Aquarium of the Pacific

steveohh

Took a trip down to Long Beach today & took a bunch of pictures
.......Thought I'd share the ones that turned out best. They wouldn't allow use of flash photography inside, so these are taken by the light of the various tanks. Enjoy!!!!

steveohh

They had a huge reef tank that had divers in it blowing off the corals..................... Here's a few pics of that.......................

jr2857

the clownfish/regal tang tank has like a million clown fish :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

steveohh

Yes this aquarium is in Long Beach, CA......in fact right next to Pierpoint Landing
The tank of clowns got me too..........I thought clowns of the same species didn't get along, however none of these fish were fighting or picking on each other............
Thanks for the replies!!!!!

E

exile415

Originally Posted by fishboy091
how big was that tank with all those clowns and blue hippos?
that is exactly what i am wondering .. :notsure:

scotts

I used to go there quite a bit with my kids. My daughter still talks about the diver that was cleaning the big tank and waved at her. I also donated a red coris wrasse there, after I found out how big it got. It was surreal because the assistant curator came out in a wet suit to get the fish. Later we saw him diving in the reef tank.
That Clown tank is cool. I guess I will have to go back there and see it. It was not there the last time I was there.
Scott