Aquarium restaurant for Houstonians

nflnutswif

This place is awesome for anyone in the area. Great food and the atmosphere is a three story aqaurium, complete with a boat tour THROUGH the shark display tank! Pretty cool!
:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

nflnutswif

Originally posted by TxHarley
Is that The Aquarium in Kima? It sounds alot like the one down there.

This one is in Downtown Houston, A little bigger than the one in Kema! But the same restaurant. (Landrys) One going up in Galveston too.
:jumping:

shoreliner11

Great idea for a restaurant. I'd work there to put myself through college anyday. I might get fired for staring at the fish all day though:yes: :D

ophiura

Ha! Funny finding this thread. For more stories you can check out my "my apologies" thread in the reef discussion.
I did work there!
It is not likely to pay for college :( Those ideal jobs often seem to be the lowest paying!
FWIW, the Downtown Aquarium is far larger than the Kemah restaurant in both number and size of tanks. Kemah has recently expanded some, but Downtown still outranks it. The Nashville Aquarium restaurant is supposed to be quite a site as well. The Downtown Houston version also has an exhibit chain, which is unique at this time, and a separate shark tank. The "tower" tank is also WAY larger than Kemah (40'). That was a fun one to dive :)
But the best dive was the dining tank and the shark tank!
Here's one of the "other" sharks :)

badkharma

Originally posted by corbin1234
i have a resteraunt down in cali with a whole bunch of saltwater tanks, but its just simply called fish house

Really? Where's it at?