Aquarium safe epoxy (not putty)

birdy

I am looking for a product that I can use to glue lace rock to an overflow. This is a HUGE overflow, 22X10X48 (LXWXH). The owner wants the overflow completely disguised with lace rock.
I do not want a putty, in fact I am trying to find a two part epoxy (liquid) that is safe, I assume that after epoxy dries it would be safe but I cannot get anyone to tell me for sure.
My other option is using black 100% silicone, but I would think an epoxy would be stronger.
Anyone know of a reef safe product I can use.

oceana

Originally Posted by Birdy
I am looking for a product that I can use to glue lace rock to an overflow. This is a HUGE overflow, 22X10X48 (LXWXH). The owner wants the overflow completely disguised with lace rock.
I do not want a putty, in fact I am trying to find a two part epoxy (liquid) that is safe, I assume that after epoxy dries it would be safe but I cannot get anyone to tell me for sure.
My other option is using black 100% silicone, but I would think an epoxy would be stronger.
Anyone know of a reef safe product I can use.

most is not all the 2 part epoxy will be just fine. however as you mentioned i would just use silicon. it will hold very strong and should work great. the reason i would use it is for the future. if he ever desided he does not want it there he will have a much easier time removing the silicon then the epoxy.