aquarium silicone!

scsinet

Originally Posted by stdreb27
So the AGA silicone is GE I?
From what I've understood, yes.
The AGA is pure silicon sealant, which is all GE I is.
GE only puts the line about not using it on aquariums because they do not want to be liable for any problems that arise.
IMO when you buy the AGA sealant, you are spending the money on the manufacturer saying you can use it for aquariums, not the actual stuff in the tube.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by SCSInet
GE only puts the line about not using it on aquariums because they do not want to be liable for any problems that arise.
IMO when you buy the AGA sealant, you are spending the money on the manufacturer saying you can use it for aquariums, not the actual stuff in the tube.
Well GE 2 says it is 100% silicone too.

scsinet

Well GE 2 says it is 100% silicone too.
Hmmm now that I think about it, you're right, it does.
Well if both say "100%" silicon, then how can they be different products at all?
Can't say as that I know what to tell you, other than that I've used I before with no problems... but I guess that's not saying much.

stdreb27

Hmmm now that I think about it, you're right, it does.
Well if both say "100%" silicon, then how can they be different products at all?
Can't say as that I know what to tell you, other than that I've used I before with no problems... but I guess that's not saying much.
I dunno something is added.

scsinet

I dunno something is added.

Yeah... but then it wouldn't be "100%" silicon, would it?

fans1234

well i went to menards and they had the silicone made by DAP like the one dogstar posted so i got 2 of those dont want to take any chance's, thanks again to every one who responded!!

dugger

I found mine as recent as last week in the pet stuff at walmart the strange thing is its black instead of the regular clear. I like the black look better.

salty blues

I think some of us have been had.