aquarium with wood trim?

reefer545

Make sure no medications have been used init and make them fill it with water on a level surface before you pay if you decide to go for it.

fishkiller

Yeah, do a wet test, put a towel under it and let it sit for 10 minutes. Check the towel. No water, buy the tank. That plastic piece can be reinforced better though.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by REEFER545
Make sure no medications have been used init and make them fill it with water on a level surface before you pay if you decide to go for it.
Good idea! If you put newspaper under it, and it is REALLY level--you can spot little leaks. Most leaks on this type of tank will be in on of the bottom seams. They're impossible to find after being set up; but easy to spot (and fix, if you want) when they're tested this way. Also; if that center brace isn't kept tight, it will bow out and you could have real mess. Just my opinion; but I would never trust that tank, other than on a concrete floor in the basement!

sk8shorty01

Yeah I dont think I am going to get it. 90 gallons isnt big enough for what I was looking to upgrade to. I have a 55 gallon now and I was looking to go to at least a 125 but I dont really want to pay a huge amount. I found this tank and it sounded good before I talked to the person, but I have a hunch that they have no idea what they are talking about. First they said it was a 150, but the measurements dont work out that way, so I emailed back and said are those measurements correct because it doesnt work based on the calculation. The response, "Well based on taking jugs and actually pouring the water in there in real life it does, I have measured it." Well I doubt I am going to get that one, but if anyone knows a good place to get a 125 or larger for a decent price (used would be fine as well) then let me know. Thanks for all of the responses guys! This is the most response I have every had to a thread lol!

saltn00b

if you are looking new, big als in ft lauderdale has great prices on tanks because of a deal with dabricaters. beyond that just keep looking in bargain traders at publix and classifieds from your local newspaper / website. and craigslist.

sk8shorty01

I would like to get a new one, but it depends on how much they are because I dont have tons of money. I spend most of my money running my custom car business and what I have left I spend on my car, then whats left from that I spend on my tanks. I have a 55g with 260W of PC lighting right now but its just not quite big enough to meet my expectations. I would love to have a large tank that I could get some real activity in there, and also a emperor angel, as I really want one of those!

saltn00b

i wouldnt put an emperor in 120. they are also not reef safe, so it would be hard to convert down the line if that was your plan. i guess as far as money goes, be prepared to spend some in this hobby