Aquariums in the Garage

mike22cha

Well my dad is taking a job in New Mexico which means that him and I need to decide what to do with my 125g. I realy don't want it in my room and there'd be no room unless I removed my furniture, and it's a pretty small room. My mom is parinoid about the whole 100's of gallons of water in her house, so there's no where else it can go in her house, which is where I'll be staying most of the time.
So I'm looking for a 90g corner for my room, or I just thought of this possibility, but needed input.
What if I moved my 125g into my mom's garage?
In Oklahoma in the Winter it get's down to 10 degrees windchill about, stays a lil below 30 degrees for yearly low. In the summer it can be in the high 90's sometimes even hitting 100 degrees.
What if I got strong heaters and chillers?

acrylic51

Garage setups are common regardless of what the temp is inside the garage.....You would need a method and efficient method to heat the garage in the winter time, and during the summer you would need a way to cool the garage as well, and be able to deal with the humidity level inside the garage.....My last setup was done that way.....Long process though......

mike22cha

Originally Posted by acrylic51
http:///forum/post/2478141
Garage setups are common regardless of what the temp is inside the garage.....You would need a method and efficient method to heat the garage in the winter time, and during the summer you would need a way to cool the garage as well, and be able to deal with the humidity level inside the garage.....My last setup was done that way.....Long process though......
Oklahoma's not that humid, but a 125g tank may cause the garage to be humid. I'm looking for a tank to downgrade to so it can fit in my room, but a garage tank is the worst case scenario.

acrylic51

Might not be real humid, but tanks do produce quite a bit of heat and depending what's in the garage might create issues. Always better to take the precaution and vent the heat IMO.