Aquariums, Sumps, Lighting, and more! NE

jdrex

46 gallon bow front tank and stand, $200
20 gal tank and stand w/ 2-3" sand bed, $80
U-Tube overflow rated at 650 GPH, $40 shipped
Hamilton MH 250W 14K Bulb, 2 months use, now $40 shipped
XM MH 250W 15K, new, $50 shipped
XM MH 250W 15K, 1 month use, $40 shipped
Sump, AGA Acrylic MegaFlow Model 1, $120 + shipping (Awesome sump, rated for tanks up to 55 gallon...I would keep it, but I need a bigger one for my new set-up...very quite and keeps microbubbles and other free floating particles from re-entering tank.)
CPR Small HOB Fuge with Rio 500 and 18 watt PC light, $100 shipped
I am willing to ship everything but the aquariums. Only accepting PayPal.

jdrex

Overflow is gone. Send me you e-mail address and I can get you some pictures and dimensions of the sump.

kanicky

XM MH 250W 15K, new, $50 shipped
We would like to buy this, however, we want to make sure that it would be alright for our tank. Hope you don't mind me asking... we have a 45 gallon tall tank, with a canopy and light ballast already installed. Currently we have two Power Glo's and two actinics, and all four are 30 watts each.
Thanks for any help you are able to give!

jdrex

As long as you have the 250 watt ballast, this should be fine. It will penetrate good light all the way to the bottom of your tank. The one thing is that seeing as how this light is a 15K it is already going to have a lot of blue in it, so you may not need the actinic supplementation. Ulitamtely it is really your personal preference on what looks best to you once you get it on your tank. But...depending on how long your tank is this bulb will allow you to keep pretty much any light hungry coral or clam your heart desires.

kanicky

Originally Posted by JDrex
As long as you have the 250 watt ballast, this should be fine. It will penetrate good light all the way to the bottom of your tank. The one thing is that seeing as how this light is a 15K it is already going to have a lot of blue in it, so you may not need the actinic supplementation. Ulitamtely it is really your personal preference on what looks best to you once you get it on your tank. But...depending on how long your tank is this bulb will allow you to keep pretty much any light hungry coral or clam your heart desires.
Okay, awesome. Sounds like this is something we'd like to buy. I do have two questions, and I apologize for all the questions, but we've never really seen a MH set-up, so we're trying to make sure we have all our ducks in a row.
You say as long as we have a 250 watt ballast, we'll be fine... Nick (the other half of "Kanicky") wanted to know if we needed a special kind of ballast, or just a regular one that can take 250 watts?
Also, the ballast we currently have now is 36 inches. Will this MH fit in it? Is there any way you can take a pic of it? Nick is curious to see how he'd have to rig it up.
What form of payment do you prefer?
Please e-mail me at kathryntuccelli@comcast.net
Thanks!

fish addict

do you have a light fixture that the bulbs go in? I am loccated in NE and would like to buy some MH lights but I don't know what light fixture.

flcandy

THANKS FOR THE SUMP! Awsome I cant wait to set it up, just looking for a cheep overflow and skimmer but that will be up and running shortly!
Thanks