aquascape

t316

Looks good
Send us another pic once you have the ls in and everything is settled down.

rotarygeek

I like it, i keep changing mine cuz i don't like it. Hopefully i found a setup i like this time. Yours looks good, but 20 pounds of LS doesn't look like its going to be much.

camanuch

Originally Posted by RotaryGeek
http:///forum/post/2564720
I like it, i keep changing mine cuz i don't like it. Hopefully i found a setup i like this time. Yours looks good, but 20 pounds of LS doesn't look like its going to be much.
well if 20lbs is not going to be enough then i just go and get some more. lol....
i am using it just to coat the bottom and not be bare the LR and my biowheel and skimmer is really whats going to be doing all my filtration. but we will see what it looks like when i lay it. thanks for all the compliments. LS should be coming today. pics to follow tonight

michaeltx

nice setup you have some large pieces of rock there. have you thought about makeing caves and stuff and useing some of the flatter pieces as shelves for corals and such to sit on.
Mike

camanuch

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
http:///forum/post/2564993
nice setup you have some large pieces of rock there. have you thought about makeing caves and stuff and useing some of the flatter pieces as shelves for corals and such to sit on.
Mike
hey guys very boring at work today so I figured I would post a little. There are about 3 shelves right now. And alot of arches to swim through. I haven't gotten any really zoomed in pic to show. Tonight when I lay sand and post pigs I will do close ups. I haven't decided on live stock yet. The only thing I know I want are zoos, leather, and shrooms to start. as for fish I don't know maybe some clowns. But I got about 6-8 weeks to decide. Any suggestions on coral or fish?

camanuch

yes black back ground. i got my LS and put it into the tank. i am waitnig for it to settle and thin i will be putting them up.
MichaelTX what kinda of lights do you have on the tank now?
there are 4 t5ho's. 39watts each.
thats about 5.2watts per gallon. its actullay more because there is less then 30 galllons of water in the tank.
any recomendations on live stock.

michaeltx

your on the upper end so you can get into LPS's aswell like torch and frogspawn corals and candy canes, and bubbles corals. they are pretty kewl. later if you wanted to test the waters you could get some of the lower light SPS corals like plate and montipora/s
Mike

camanuch

also amonia is at 1.5
thiat is after 2 days with my filter and my protein skimmer going. it is down from saturday when it was 2.0-4.0
cant really tell with my tester.

michaeltx

I owuld go ahead and set up for a water change to get the ammonia down alittle bit anything higher than 1 can start to kill things off in the tank we want.
mike

camanuch

ok will do that.... here is a pic with lunar lights
water change how much is a good start?? 10 gallons, 15 gallons??

michaeltx

I would go about 15 gallons or so to get it down.
I like the lunar lights my next set of lights will have to have lunar lights on it.
Mike

camanuch

will get a 15 gal WC ready for tomorrow. Even though it seams like it is on its way down do a water change? Like I said it started around 4.0 on Saturday. Yesterday it was 1.5... That seems a bit fast no?? I think I might get another spike. I'm not sure. Now is the live stock planning phase.
Thanks mike