Aquascaping Live Rocks

biohawk1

In a 12 gallon Nano Tank, what are some different ways of stacking the rocks to make the aquascape look good? Please post some pictures for examples. Thanks!

biohawk1

Originally Posted by FORD81502
here is mine
Did you have to use a hammer to break up your rocks so you were able to obtain the desired shape and size of the rocks?

biohawk1

This is how my nano tank currently looks like. Please don't hesitate to give your opinions or comments. Thanks!

m0nk

I think yours looks good. Generally in a nano the best way to go is the "pyramid" method, it's easier to add on to and maintain. Here's mine:

rbrockm1

Originally Posted by biohawk1
This is how my nano tank currently looks like. Please don't hesitate to give your opinions or comments. Thanks!

thats the look i go for when i stack rocks. stack them in the middle of the tank away from the sides of the tank. your set up looks great i wouldn't change it

bill109

Originally Posted by m0nk
I think yours looks good. Generally in a nano the best way to go is the "pyramid" method, it's easier to add on to and maintain. Here's mine:
is tht an eclipse 12 gal?
i wish my nano back when i started loked tht good with tht tank lol
what u got for lights on there?]if u dont wanna post it on the bnoard send it to
defoC18@cox.net

demartini

Your aquascape doesn't look bad at all.
I broke up some of my rocks and glued it into shapes that I liked. You could make some nice arches... caves are also cool.

biohawk1

Originally Posted by rbrockm1
thats the look i go for when i stack rocks. stack them in the middle of the tank away from the sides of the tank. your set up looks great i wouldn't change it
Thanks!

biohawk1

Originally Posted by DeMartini
I broke up some of my rocks and glued it into shapes that I liked. You could make some nice arches... caves are also cool.
How did you break up the rocks?

nietzsche

glue as in epoxy?
Originally Posted by DeMartini

m0nk

Originally Posted by bill109
is tht an eclipse 12 gal?
i wish my nano back when i started loked tht good with tht tank lol
what u got for lights on there?]if u dont wanna post it on the bnoard send it to
defoC18@cox.net
Thanks! Yup, that's an Eclipse 12 with a 36 w 50/50 light. My LFS sells the saltwater version of the tank. I didn't know about the Aquapod when I bought it or I might have gone with one of those, but I don't really have any complaints about this one; it wasn't too bad pricewise and it's been a great tank to start with.

demartini

Originally Posted by biohawk1
Could everyone post some more pics of your live rock setting in your nano tank? Thanks!

my 8 gallon...

my 14 gallon...