Aquascaping

cmiles

Okay So I Am Thinking Of Moving My Rock To Try And Create More Room For Corals. Currently I Have All My Rock In A Pile In The Center Of My Tank, I Would Post Pictures But I Am At Work. Anywho I Think I Would Rather Have The Rock Closer To The Back Of The Tank So I Have More Room On The Front For Things To Be Placed. Do You Guys Have Any Suggestions And Possilby Pictures To Go Along With, So That I Can Get Some Ideas.
Thanks In Advance
Charity

wax32

I sorta start about 1/3 of the way back from the glass and start stacking almost like stairs. So that the rocks make a slant toward the rear, top of the tank. The very back/top rocks lean on the glass.

cmiles

That Is Exactly The Effect I Want A Staircase Effect, Right Now It Looks More Like A Rock Wall, With Few Places To Put Corals Without Them Falling.
Thanks

gamedawg

I also want to jump aboard and see some aguascaping. I saw a small 10 gallon on here once that had awesome scaping, it was kind of in a lagoon shape. Still lots of room for placement of corals and such, but it looked like a litte mound that you would really see in the ocean.
What kind of glue can you use for stacking rocks, just silicone like to seal a tank? Would that hol pourous rocks like it does glass though?

cmiles

I Think That I May Have To Buy Some New Pieces Of Rock. I Originally Bought Odd Shaped Pieces And They Have Turned Out To Not Be Easy To Stack. I May Need A Few Smaller Pieces To Stack On Top To Get That Staircase Effect.

unleashed

Ihave never used any type of bonding materials to secure my LR I use the stagard method using each natural curve of the rock to form a secure hold .below are 3 different pics same tank.I just moved around the rockwork and added more corals and LR but made sure I left plenty of caves for fish to hide in. which also lts water flow freely thoughout the tank with minimal dead spots last picture is of my 300 that I moved everything from above tank to along with everything from my 100 I filled the ends of the tank more leaving more space in the center.a large variety of how you can do it I try to kep mine close to the back but keep in mind you do need water movement behind the rockwork to help water flow hope these help