Aquascaping

jkoz24

I thinking of re-doing the look of my tank. Currently I have my LR centered in the tank so that there is good flow all the way around my reef. My 90 gal has about 100lbs of LR and I was wondering if it would be safe to build up my rocks against the back glass? I'm finally,after 6months, ready to expand into some corals and would like a bit more room toward the front of the tank. I was just wondering what everyone else does when it comes to leaning against the back glass. Thanks in advance with any/all input, John

garnet13aj

bump because I'm curious as well. I would think it would be hard to clean, but I'd like to do it if it's possible.

hatessushi

I have acrylic so it's not as much an issue. It seems to me if you carefully lean it against the glass it would be more stable and less likely to fall and break the glass.

garnet13aj

What about cleaning? Just leave it to the cleaner crew and because it's shadowed by the rock it won't be visible?

mandarin w

You can stack you rock up again the glass. Just need to make sure that you still have flow thru the rocks. You can drop a small powerhear so it cover that area exclusavly. (sp :notsure:

joncat24

Originally Posted by mandarin w
You can stack you rock up again the glass. Just need to make sure that you still have flow thru the rocks. You can drop a small powerhear so it cover that area exclusavly. (sp :notsure:

thats what I do...I have two powerheads behind my rock on the bottom of the tank poitning up. and the rock leans against the glass at the top