Aquatic life mini skimmer

spanko

Anyone heard of or using one of these?

The perfect skimmer for nano-tanks has arrived from AquaticLife. Designed specifically for tanks 30 gallons and under the Aquatic Life Internal Mini Protein Skimmer 115 features a powerful needle-wheel impeller to increase air-to-water contact. Tubeless housing makes for a simple installation. Water flow is controlled at the turn of a button with a handy knob. A clear, 100 mL collection cup lets you know quickly and easily when it's time to clean.
I see them for around $50.00

spanko

So had to order new Radium 20k bulb today and placed and order for this too. Will post how it breaks in and performs here. Talked to Jon at Aquaticlife and he said it will fit into the rear chamber on the biocube 29 gallon.

spanko

Got the bulb and the skimmer. I just love Radium 20k 150 watt bulbs. $90 but money well spent.
The skimmer came with no instructions, have to download a PDF from their website. Really not a big deal as it turns out, the skimmer is completely assembled with the exception of the optional suction cup or hang over the side mounting. It is a well built unit, very sturdy and no flaws in the acrylic or plastic whatever it is assembly. 8 watt pump, should not add too much heat to the tank. Put it into the first chamber on the 29 biocube. snug fit but it does go in. Been running since about 8:00 pm last night. Have had some light green skimmate already. Can't wait for it to break in. Will keep updating as the unit breaks in.

flower

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3044376
Got the bulb and the skimmer. I just love Radium 20k 150 watt bulbs. $90 but money well spent.
The skimmer came with no instructions, have to download a PDF from their website. Really not a big deal as it turns out, the skimmer is completely assembled with the exception of the optional suction cup or hang over the side mounting. It is a well built unit, very sturdy and no flaws in the acrylic or plastic whatever it is assembly. 8 watt pump, should not add too much heat to the tank. Put it into the first chamber on the 29 biocube. snug fit but it does go in. Been running since about 8:00 pm last night. Have had some light green skimmate already. Can't wait for it to break in. Will keep updating as the unit breaks in.
Thanks...I was thinking of starting a nice 20g in my bedroom. I was wondering about the skimmer. So be sure to keep us posted