AquaticLife T5 bulbs

jubbin2001

Anyone heard of these guys? My LFS started carrying them, and said they were really great bulbs...dunno if I want to run the risk, since my bulbs are do for a changing. Probably going ATI this time around...especially since more often than not in this hobby you get what you pay for. The bulbs are around $5 cheaper, and their actinic is supposed to be 420/460 in the same bulb...too good to be true?

mrdc

I posted this not long ago.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/vb/s...ht=AquaticLife
Anyway, they came in and I am now using them and so far so good. I was glad to see that the lights were not smaller than the old bulbs. I have purchased ---- bulbs in the past the they were smaller in diameter and my fixture clamps wasn’t holding them in place. My experience so far is with this brand is with the compacts and not the T5s.

jubbin2001

Thanks. Maybe I will give them a try out. I guess the worst that will happen is I won't like them. Just have to do some comparison shopping I think. Anyone else feel free to chime in.

jubbin2001

Yeah, I was thinking ATI or Giesemann. I haven't really made the decision yet. I know both have a great reputation, but I just don't know what to do yet. $200 for new bulbs is alot, and I really want to be sure I am getting what I want for the next 9 months. I might have to scour the forums for different tanks and see what kind of lights others are running to see what I like best.