Aragocrete rock f/s NW wash

jlem

I have about 70 lbs of aragocrete rock for sale. It cured in freshwater for over 3 months and has been sitting in saltwater for the last three months while I am gone overseas. I will be home soon and am going to sell it. i don't have any pictures but the pieces are rather large with one being about the size of a basketball. I do have pictures of my 125 gallon on the board and a few large pieces in the tank are aragocrete rocks from the same batch if you want to see how nice it looks once it is covered in corraline and corrals. I am asking $1.00 a pound and live in Northern Whidbey Island. The rock is lighter than natural live rock so you get more for the poundage.

jon.316

I might be interested in buying some if not all of your rocks. Are they natural or made?? Where can i find the pix u posted?? How much will it cost to ship to atlantic city NJ 08401??
Thx
jon

jlem

Thanks for the interest. I will be home in about 2 weeks and can get you pictures of the rock then. I will also send some pictures of the rock that is in my tank. It is really hard to tell which stuff is natural and which stuff is aragocrete once it is covered in corraline. I use small pieces to attach coral frags to since it is cheaper then attaching them to natural rock.

jon.316

This is actually goin to be my first dab with live rock. I have a 155 bow front with agressive fish in it so it was never a good idea. But I wanted to try the live rock and see how it goes. I prefer natural rocks just because i figure nature is always the best since that's essentially what we're doing.... email or post the pix tho when you get back and we'll go from there..
thx
jon

jlem

My wife sent me a picture. The aragocrete rock is the bottum left corner piece of rock. The corraline is about 3 months of growth and the rock is teeming with pods. The rest of the rock is all natural. The colt coral has actually grown up onto the aragacrete rock.

jon.316

Looks nice...can you figure out how much total cost is including shipping to atlantic city nj 08401??
let me know and i 'll check ma budget see if we can make this happen
thx
jon

ptpuffers

We are definitely interested. we live in Port townsend. Please let me know if you still have this available.
mrtaz_hotmail.com
Thanks, Gary

jlem

I will be home within 2 weeks. I will have to check on shipping when I get home because of long distance charges from overseas, my zip is 98277 if you want to check.

jlem

Originally posted by PTpuffers
We are definitely interested. we live in Port townsend. Please let me know if you still have this available.
mrtaz_hotmail.com
Thanks, Gary

Sent an e-mail to you. I was wondering if you recieved it. Just wanted to let people know that still am planning on selling the rock when I get back in a week.

jlem

Originally posted by JON.316
Looks nice...can you figure out how much total cost is including shipping to atlantic city nj 08401??
Based on 1 package the total is 39.00 for fed-ex ground.

jon.316

:notsure:
Can you post an email with current pictures of your live rocks? I would like to see your set up so I can kind of know what it will look like in mines. Thx for the shipping numbers by the way.
jon

bonkerzbelle

hello I would be interested in this rock.....I lvie in Oregon....and would consider pick up.....email me at bonkerzbelle@yahoo.com
only email if you still have the rock and......and still needing to sell it off.....thanks for your time....would like to know how much is there and the price of it all....thanks

jon.316

I'll take it for $100 even if u wanna ship i out to me jlem...you quoted me $39 shipping + 70 @ $1 a pound is $109.
i'm askin for $9 bucks off.....
email me or post your replay...jttranz@yahoo.com
thx

jlem

Well I am home. 3 days in a c-5 galaxy and I am home. I will send pictures to whoever wants them and it will be first come first serve for the rock. Also if anybody wants some more tell me what size and shapes and I can cure it or you can.

jlem

Here is a picure of the rock inside the 125 gallon reef from last night. This is not the rock that I am selling but is rock from the same batch that I am selling. The rock is in the middle. the rock around it is Figi

jlem

Here is a picture of the rock that I am selling. I do need to weigh it but I think that over estimated the weight and probably is under 50 lbs.