arc eye hawkfish and stupid lfs

kainrahl

Well long story short lfs is stupid said i bought a flame hawk and i got an arceye. The arc eye is apparently really mean and will eat anything small. Well the lfs said they didnt tell me it was a flame and the flame is way more mean than the arceye anyway. THey wont take it back. PLEASE tell me all you know about it. thanx
Thinking of selling it here. ?? i paid 20 for it just today

rabid frog

I have a flame and he doesnt bother anyone, Dont know about the arch eyes, but I thought all the flames were fairly docile, of course it may differ from speciman to speciman..

wetpetman

I have both a Flame Hawk and Arch Eye in my 125 gal. They both are very docile. I've never seen either one of them chasing any other fish. In fact, they are fun to watch! When I put my Flame Hawk in a couple of months ago, my Flame Angel chased him around the tank for about a week until he got used to him. Now everybody's happy.

brinkdrum

IME flame hawks seem to be less aggressive than arch eyes. I work at a LFS and I have seen both of these hawks come and go. Most of the time when we put the arch eyes in the tanks with less aggressive things like pseudochromis they tend to pick on them, while the flames don't have a problem.