Are any of these reef safe??...any wrasses reef safe?

fishygurl

hi just looking at options of fish that are reef safe heres a list i like are they reef safe?
yellow longnose butterfly
flame wrasse
mystery wrasse
are there any wrasses on my list or any wrasses in general that are reef safe??
is there anything that looks like a green bird wrasse in a way that is reef safe and is not too aggresive??
my reef safe meaning is including cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, and fire shrimp, crabs, snails, feather dusters, corals, clams
i am also looking for some fish with cool personalities that are cool to watch that stay on the sand or rock any ideas?
i have thought about some sort of goby or maybe blenny i like those scooter gobies they are really cool
ANY IDEAS??.....Thanks In Advance!!!!!!!

benter

clown fairy, yellow,and filament would def. be safe...jawfish would be as well, but be aware they will spit sand all over everything low in your tank. I would stay away from the other wrasses on your list ..some of them will have a field day with shrimp and small crustaceans..always get a 6 line..but cant have any other wrasses with them..IMO. I always liked the chisel tooth as well..very active pretty colored and reef safe..

sooz

I have a friend with a reef tank who has a red coris wrasse and it has not bothered his corals (it eats bristleworms, which is why he bought it) - but some say this one is not safe, so be careful.
My mom used to have a bird wrasse in her reef tank - it was the coolest looking fish, but she had to get rid of it because it was really agressive towards the other fish. She has a six-line in her reef tank that works fine. I don't know anything about any other wrasses.

fishamajig

I have heard of people keeping mystery wrasses in their large reef tanks. I guess it just depends on who you put them with. not another wrasse i hope

mushroomss

i would not recommend a six line wrasse.Most of the time people cannot get them to eat in captivity.They eat parasites off of fish and dont survive that long.Hope this helps

mamasky712

Actually, 6-line wrasses are generally pretty hardy. I have one in my 90 and he has eaten since day one. He also eats pods and other little live rock dwelling creatures.

maelv

Prior to my breaking down the tank, I had a velvet and a 6 line wrasse...would recommend both....6-line was very active darting in and out of the rockwork....

gmford1979

my six line eats everything also since day one. he eats flake food, algae sheets, mysis, brine shrimp, and cyclops. i love him. great personality. also, by bicolored blenny is a great personality. i turned off one of my bigger powerheads one day for a planned hour, and he made it his home. he gets in it. i can't turn it on now.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by mushroomss
i would not recommend a six line wrasse.Most of the time people cannot get them to eat in captivity.They eat parasites off of fish and dont survive that long.Hope this helps
you are describing cleaner wrasse not sixline.

flcandy

Def. Try a 6-line. If he wont eat pellet or freezedried try frozen mysis shrimp. Mine comes out of wherever he was napping to eat this like crazy.

Great little fish though and so funny, looks like he has a yellow mo-hawk on his back!! LMAO