Are fireworks legal in your state?

nicetry

How many of you can buy all the good stuff? Here in PA it's very restricted, and the so called "legal fireworks" don't amount to much more than sparklers. That's not to say we don't get stuff and hope we don't get caught, but wondering who has restrictions and who can use whatever they want.

S

smartorl

Here they are illegal, however, you can go to any of the stores that sell fireworks, sign a release stating that they are for agicultural purposes and that you are using them to scare off birds and you can buy whatever you want. There is also no policing them either. I live on East Lake Tohopekaliga and the city does a big event each year basically on the lake front and people spill onto our back lawns. The police are walking around while people set off fireworks in our yards. I have had my pool enclosure hit and holes burnt into it and one go off in my garage right next to the gas cans and the police do nothing so it gets aggevating. This year I am going to sit out back with a hose with a pressure nozzle and blast the idiots with it.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by nicetry
How many of you can buy all the good stuff? Here in PA it's very restricted, and the so called "legal fireworks" don't amount to much more than sparklers. That's not to say we don't get stuff and hope we don't get caught, but wondering who has restrictions and who can use whatever they want.

North Carolina...no.......South Carolina yes. I picked up a car load for my Dad a while back. We had a blast irritating his neighbors. They really make good fireworks now a days. I dropped about $600 and had enough to shoot off for hours and they were really big. I bought some stratosphere bottle rockets that are about 4" diameter and 10" long on a 3 foot stick and these things went to the moon! Probably twice as high as a standard professional shell. Let the games begin!
Mc

meleerock

In michigan they are illegal, but a lot of people I know just drive down to ohio where they are legal. The only thing we can get here are the small, sparkler fire works that are no fun.

fenrir

There not legal in ohio either, you can just buy them and promise not to set them off here. Although when i lived is SC we had a fire work stand down the raod from us open all year! It was sweat! lol I had a neibor blow up his garage when we were like 10.

reefraff

Montana was almost anything goes short of TNT. Live in Colorado now, Not legal in the city where I live but OK in the county

R

reefernana

California laws are by the county for the legal safe and sane fireworks only. Illegal ones from other countries are illegal, period. Although they are illegal in the county I live in, they are legal in our city. We are one of two cities in the county that let us vote whether to legalize the legal kind and we passed it. This has only been for the past several years now. We've had no problems since doing so. Granted my town is very small though , less than 7,000.

hocky

Kinda legal, kinda not. Here is what we played with a few days ago.... we'll be starting over again for the 4th.

Chaos begins:

What is left over:

The aftermath:

R

reefernana

Originally Posted by Hocky
Kinda legal, kinda not. Here is what we played with a few days ago.... we'll be starting over again for the 4th.
Holy Crap, Hocky! I mean the 4th of July is fun and all, but I would have spent the money on my tank.............lol!!!

ruaround

you can get anything here... just have to sign a waiver that youre takin em outta state...
who does that

lovethesea

are they legal??? well......depends on where you are. Where WE are NOPE, but where we GO, yes....... and the semi truck that delivers to the friend of ours that we buy from spells ..... a great display.
I will post a pic of them.

renogaw

its weird, but in CT it's up to the towns. fireworks are legal in CT, but each town can restrict which ones can be used. Pretty much what Hocky has pictured is what we can use, but i don't think the ones that go up in the air like pic'ed can

b0bby1

they are illegal in ct, but if you drive up to new hampshire you can get the stuff that shoots up in the air but its not anything special. my neighbor makes his own mortors and lights them. we also make a few m1000's and 80's for the 4th, but not many. the past two years we have gotten in trouble with the cops, luckily we've only gotten are info taken down both times instead of some sort of fine.

b0bby1

grumpygils, i also have a bunch of those tube rockets that are like 3' long. they definetly are the best, but you gotta be careful. last year my neighbor lit one at the end of my street and it backfired right into my lawn where everyone was standing. luckily no one got hurt but it took a good 2 deep chunk out of my lawn lol.

aztec reef

Anything that goes up in the Air is Illegal here in the OR
. But everyone from oregon drives up to Washington to get the "real stuff", the labito,the right stuff,the mojo.. I personally drive to the Natives teppes in washington they make the real stuff.. man those guys are good..dangerous but good

autofreak44

in cali everything except snappers are illegal, but luckily we are going to lake powel to go set off morters (sp?) on my dad's new boat.... they arent exactly legal there but we dont care that they care so who cares???? the entire place is 100'+ rock canyons so there is nothing to catch on fire