are horseshoe crabs good or bad for fish only tank?

wablondie98664

i read in a post, dont remember what one, that horseshoe crabs arnt good, they didnt say way, just not good, right now we have about a 2" sand bed, but tomorrow getting another 20 lbs of ls, and on friday getting another 20 to 40 lbs more even, and all going in a 50g long, so that is going to be a nice deep bed, so my question is, will they do ok? is there something wrong with them i dont know as to not get them? they sound like a good sand sifter (dont want to get star fish yet, waiting on them). right now we have 2 clarkii clowns, 2 damsels, a mand. goby but he is getting a new home on friday, so he will be gone very soon, and 16 lbs of lr, gettting another 10 or 15 on friday, would he do ok?
oh yea, and SOMEWHERE in there is a peppermint shrimp, althought i havnt seen him for just over a week lol, so dont know if he is even there. TIA

longx412

Hey I just got 3 horseshoe crabs. I think they are Ok. But I'm just a beginner to this great hobby. I got my tank set up a month now. I got a peppermint shrimp at first also and didn't see him like a week later. They seem to hide a lot but I'm pretty sure yours is still in there. A coral banded shrimp is nice too. I love him!!! Also got a cleaner shrimp. Yeah only a month and I added so many stuff already. Well I dont think the horseshoe crab can harm the tank. They seem harmless... All they do it dig into the sand and sometimes I see it swimming around at night time. I think they are good for shifting the sands.