Are my corals ok??????or do they need help?? please look at pics

jkcrumb

Hello all............I have two corals that I'm not sure if they're fine or not (I have a total of about 15 corals in my tank). My parameters are on target and I'm running 250 MH's (10000k) for 8 hrs a day & t5's for 12 hours. I'm gonna describe my concern and show pics of each coral.
The first one is a Devil Hand leather. I have it about 2/3 of the way up my tank. It looks healthy but its changing form a vivid tan to a purplish color. Is this normal?? Here are a few shots:
Before Pic
(ignore the writing in the pic)

Now Pic

The second is a finger leather. I have it located in the bottom (1/3) section of my tank right near a candy cane coral. This leather used to open up with little points sticking out of it everywhere and it as almost double the size.

heres a shot of the finger and the Candy cane together.

Are they too close together?? Shoud the finger coral be higher up in the tank?? it was just fine for a few weeks and then it just closed up.
All my other corals seem to be thriving..........Are you supposed to spot feed leathers??? I currently spot feed them about 2 times a week. And flow?? heavy or light on leathers??
Thanks

nycbob

how long hv u had the leathers under mh? leathers dont need that much light. they do like medium flow tho to blow off whatever debris that r on them.

reefstar22

I would check, and recheck your water levels just to insure everything is ok. - From there I would assume that your leathers are just shedding. - When you have several leathers in a tank (I have 3) - They tend to all shed at the same time. - Not quite sure why, just something I have observed. - When it happens I just do a water change.
Best of luck.